Downtown Oakland is Alive with Activities!
ASIC has paired with Visit Oakland to help you navigate your time in downtown Oakland during the conference. We are excited to share grand city adventures with a friendly downtown vibe.
"Oakland, in the hub of the Bay Area, is both historic and modern. Visitors will find a little bit of everything in this diverse metropolis, from the picturesque waterfront to expansive hills. Explore Oakland's growing arts, entertainment and food scene or enjoy recreational opportunities like hiking, sailing and biking. Root for one of the three professional sports teams or take a tour of a historic landmark. The city is easily accessible through Oakland International Airport, train, automobile, BART, bus and ferry." - Trip Advisor
Looking for a delicious meal?
Check out some of these local eateries! Plan your team dinner at a place all the locals love...
- The Wolf
- Agave Uptown
- Chop Bar
- Galeto Steakhouse
Check out some of these fun activities to participate in while you are in the area...
- Take a private tasting tour of Oakland’s Blue Bottle Coffee factory. (Jack London)
- Sample food truck treats and see the latest exhibits at Oakland Museum of California’s Off the Grid each Friday. (Lake Merritt)
- Spend the night under the stars at Chabot Space and Science Center.
- Listen to live music at Yoshi’s Jazz Club Oakland. (Jack London)
- Cruise the Bay as you travel to and from Oakland and San Francisco via the ferry.
- Stuff your face with tacos from the walk-up food truck Taqueria Sinaloa in Fruitvale.
- Enjoy sips of the finest East Bay wines on Oakland’s Urban Wine Trail.
- Get lost in the extensive beer offering at Lost & Found on Telegraph. (Uptown)
- Enjoy cocktails al fresco along the dock at Lake Chalet on Lake Merritt.
- Or any of the other 92 activities on this list
Join a local food tour!
The Grand Lake Cultural Cuisine Food Tour
Saturday, September 15 - 3 pm
Post Conference Activity - Grand Lake Cultural Cuisine Food Tour with Local Food Adventures
Make a weekend out of your conference by sticking around and joining your fellow attendees on a special Grand Lake Cultural Cuisine Food Tour with Local Food Adventures. Enjoy a culinary tour de force without leaving Oakland! Taste the vast cultural diversity of the Grand Lake area, an urban mecca for global cuisine, all within a 15-minute walking distance from the Oakland Convention Center. Centered around the historic Grand Lake Theater, the area is known for its rich and eclectic influences and population. Our two-hour guided tour will include a walk around beautiful Lake Merritt as well as a trip around the world with tastings of some of the area’s best global dining.
$65 per person; $80 per person with additional wine & cocktail pairings package. Conference attendees save 20% using code AIRSENSORS2018 when booking online.
RESERVE YOUR SPACE
For more information, contact Local Food Adventures at 510-604-6546 or firstname.lastname@example.org
NOTE: This event is not hosted or sponsored by ASIC or it's partners.